- A selection of NH Cheeses, Fruits and Crackers – $21.00
- A romantic four course dinner for two – $90.00
- Six Delicious Chocolate Covered Strawberries – $23.00
- Tattinger Brut, La Francaise – $108.00
- Piper Sonoma Brut, Sparkling Wine – $49.50
- NH Farnum Hills Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Cider – $55.00
- 1/2 Dozen Roses – $50.00 / Dozen Roses – $70.00
- In Room Essential Escape Massage – $90.00 (60 minutes)
- In Room River Stone Massage – $100.00 (60 minutes)
- In Room Wentworth Exfoliating Wrap – $85.00 (50 minutes)
- In Room Sea Salt Therapy – $65.00 (30 minutes)
Historic Wedding Proposal
In 1869, Joshua Trickey built The Wentworth as a wedding gift to his daughter Georgia Trickey and her husband-to-be, General Marshall Wentworth. Before they were to be married, General Wentworth respectfully asked Mr. Trickey for his daughters hand in marriage. We are lucky enough to have this very personal and intimate hand written letter at our historic hotel to this day. It reads:
New York Nov 30th, 1868
Mr. J. Trickey My dear and respected Sir:
I thank you very much for your favorable answer to my proposal. I never can be grateful enough for the happiness you have bestowed upon me, rest assured that I shall always strive to merit your approbation. I think I can make your daughter happy- we love each other devotedly and are very anxious for your consent to marriage the 1st week in June 1869- and if we can get your consent we shall be very happy- it is very hard for us to be separated from each other for so long- but if you give us your consent to our union then it will not seem half so long and besides it will make us very happy.
I am very anxious to see your lovely daughter once more- it seems an age since I saw her. You can imagine how I feel to be separated from a lady that I love better than my life for two long years and not once having the pleasure of seeing her in the whole time.
Hoping that you will consider my proposal in as favorable a light as you did my other- I thank you again very kindly and close- hoping to hear from you soon.
Yours very respectfully, Marsh C. Wentworth
219 East 69th Street, NY